Monday, October 20, 2014

What a morning

As I have mentioned with George, at the present he has retained a lot of memory. Last night a builder was in to see about the place where we live in relation to the repairs that have to be done. He was asking if I would get an accommodation allowance but we won't get that and also he asked about a container for the contents which I will also have to pay for. Poor George obviously understood some of what was being discussed and afterwards asked me if it would help if he went and lived in our munted house!! I felt dreadful, he does try so hard to help and although it is not an easy situation to be in 'thems the breaks'.

I told him not to worry about it as nothing will be happening for ages however it must have been on his mind as he did not sleep well.

this morning he looked awful when he got up and was really 'out of it'. I gave him breakfast in 3 stages (as I usually do) fresh fruit, rice bubbles followed by toast. He was still restless and not really knowing what was going on. The caregiver found the same. For example while he was shaving he took his new razor to pieces, took me ages to get it back together again!!

Then we had Harakeke and I had to visit mum - got the washing on before we left and got it out the minute I got home. He was fine when he got to Harakeke and sat with some other old men and chatted away. He really loves socially mixing with the others.

Really you can't worry about other things I have found, just concentrate on each day as it comes.



No comments:

Post a Comment