Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Routines

When you are caring for a person with Alzheimer's the career will find that their life needs to work to a routine. My life with George certainly is. I find that I am dashing around all the time taking him to and picking him up from various activities. Some of these I am expected to stay while others this means that I may have an hour or two to myself which unfortunately is not enough time to go home but is time to have a coffee or something.

I often have to leave the washing going when I leave in the morning. The first thing I need to do when I get home is get that washing out.

I find it best to organise George's clothes ready for the next day before I go to bed. I do this after I have got him into bed.

Something I do find difficult at the moment is that I have broken a tooth and am trying to dash in and out to get this seen to. I have been asked if I want a sedative and of course have had to say I can't as I can't risk it and have no one to help me if I need it. These are issues for all caregivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment