Friday, September 5, 2014

Progression issues

George has been very confused this week which has been very trying and quite difficult for me. I have not been sure how much of this has been due to the disease progressing or something else.

Usually I try to keep things to a simple routine but various things have changed our routines this week which may have contributed to George's confusion. He finds it hard to do things quickly or if things are different.

On Friday George's caregiver was our experienced one and he also noticed how confused George was. He suggested fish oil tablets and a teaspoon of lecithin. We went out for coffee. George loves doing this. Afterwards I was going to go shopping but changed my mind as George seemed a bit strange. On the way home we got the fish oil tablets and some lecithin which I gave him. He had a big sleep during the afternoon and an early night.

We are seeing the doctor on Monday as he also has fluid retention in his left leg but to be honest I was thinking he may have to go into a home sooner rather than later.

This morning what a change! Chatting away flat out and back to normal - as much as possible. I will be keeping up with these supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment