Thursday, September 18, 2014

Respite care

When someone goes into a home for respite care all their belongings have to be labelled. Very happy as I have found a place where they do iron on ones which are so easy. With Mum's stuff I had to sew each one on. Remember this is every sock, pair of undies etc - very time consuming.

I have George going in to respite care this weekend. I am so looking forward to:

  • Not having to do constant washing
  • Not having to amuse someone else
  • Not having to take someone else here there and everywhere
  • Not having to clean the toilet 2 or 3 times a day
  • Having a good night's sleep
  • Having a read
  • Having a lie in bed
  • Doing what I want, when I want
It actually takes ages to get someone ready for respite care and I have decided to have a case ready so I can just add his personal things quickly if I need to put him into respite care quickly; for example an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment