Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wine

Found George drinking wine again yesterday. It is such a shame as he was doing well - nearly two weeks. I will need to keep an eye on this as his soiling at night had stopped and so it may start up again with this development.

At the end of last year George told me that his razor needed to be fixed. We took it to a shop who told us it could not be fixed. I bought him a new one which was not cheap but was the one he wanted. Today he told me it no longer worked (it is 4 months old). He had it plugged in upside down but when I put it in correctly that did not help. I pulled the top off and it was absolutely full of rubbish - George had never cleaned it. Not being a male I was unaware of it but certainly know now and also know that George is no longer capable of doing simple things like this. I need to check every little thing - this is one more thing in losing his independence. It does get very tiring. I am charging the razor at the moment as if I can't get it going I will need to get in somewhere tomorrow and hope to get it back by Thursday ready for the respite care....

1 comment: