Sunday, May 27, 2012

The wine again

George went out on Thursday while I was working. By the time I got home he had drunk half the bottle - result - more soiled pyjamas!! He got the message and poured out the rest of the bottle thank goodness but it takes a couple of days for things to come right again.

It is such an awful disease and it seems to be so random. This morning George came out with one slipper on and could not find the other one (it was by the bed where he left it) and kept going all around the place looking for it. I kept telling him where it was but that made no difference.

My brother-in-law came in last night to stay for a couple of nights. George loves having the company and they talked together last night after I went to bed. He is still able to hold a great conversation which is so good. The doctors told me that he probably would retain that ability for a long time as it is so deeply ingrained into his memory banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment