Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Retaining independence

The week is flying past with one thing after another. George is still going pretty well.

I took George out on Monday to have coffee with the Alzheimer's group but when we got there we found it wasn't on so we went and had coffee somewhere else. On Tuesday I had to go to Mum. George is still fine to be left at home alone which is great. I do have to be prepared to find a big mess when I get home. He doesn't mean to do it but he does get himself something to eat and leaves stuff everywhere. He also keeps getting things out from drawers and going through them. He never puts anything away.
He is also able to catch a bus to and from Brighton which I encourage. The doctor and I want him to retain as much independence as possible for as long as possible. He has let the girls at the bank know that he has Alzheimer's and so they help him when he wants money out.

No comments:

Post a Comment