Monday, May 28, 2012

Harakeke club

This morning George woke up complaining of a sore stomach - he did this every time he was going to the Evergreen club so I was mildly suspicious that he didn't want to go to the Harakeke club today. I took him there (he wasn't too keen) and once we got through the door he made himself at home. The rooms are purpose build and are lovely. People were sitting around chatting and he quickly made friends with a group of men around the same age.

I left him there and went to the home to see mum. George and my brother-in-law had been to see her yesterday and she repeatedly told me about the two men who came yesterday (she remembered that happening) and how pleased they were to see her. She remembered having a joke with them and kept asking me their names although the names actually did not seem to mean anything to her. I took her in lemonade (which she had asked George for yesterday) and some cakes etc. She enjoyed them but is not eating as much as she has been; for example she would easily eat 6 lamingtons (halves) but today only had two and only had half a glass of lemonade. She is getting more confused although will still have moments where she says something very clearly and lucidly.

Yesterday she asked my brother-in-law who he was and he explained he was married to her middle daughter. In a loud voice mum said: Well good luck to you!!

Twice lately George has gone to the toilet on the floor in the bathroom instead of the toilet (at night). I have tried putting plastic/newspaper on the floor hoping the noise would alert him that he was in the wrong place but that does not seem to have worked. We are trying leaving the bathroom door shut and the toilet light on and see how that goes. If that doesn't work I will put a lock on the bathroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment