Saturday, May 19, 2012

Home again

Collected George from the rest home on Saturday. He was pleased to be coming home but had had some good experiences while there. He went on a trip out to Lincoln one day where they saw new homes going up. He sat at a table for meals with a group of guys about his age so he obviously made some friends there.

While I can't say he would have liked to stay longer he at least coped well which is good as I will need to get a rest in order to be able to keep him at home and as we have no family here to come and stay with him when I go away or need a rest getting a few days respite care in a home is great.

For this first time I was very careful in choosing the home, it is a rest home and does not have a dementia unit and at this point is all George needs. I wanted him to have a good experience so that he would feel OK about doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment