Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas

I hope that people around the world are enjoying a lovely, relaxing Christmas.

I spent nearly four hours with George today. He was very confused. He did not know who I was. I told him I was Kewpie. He smiled and I asked if he knew who I was. He told me I was his wife. I talked to him about his boys but was just getting a blank look.

I remembered that I had downloaded a video yesterday from YouTube and compressed it to put it on my tablet (no internet at the home). I had put the tablet in my bag this morning to take to John. The video was taken nearly 30 years ago and had been on TV over here. It was John's son's band playing an original number of theirs.

I put the video on and showed him the tablet. His face lit up. He certainly remembered that and we then were able to talk about his last trip here and the things we had done. Visual stimulation, so powerful.

George can no longer use cutlery properly so I cut his food up and he uses a spoon. Often, like today, he is unable to put food onto the spoon so I do it and then he puts it in his mouth. They had a beautiful lunch with roast lamb, turkey, carrots, peas, pumpkin and roast potatoes followed by pavlova or steamed pudding. They have a vegetable garden at the home so the veges were fresh from the garden.

When I left he was sound asleep.

I had a community nurse round yesterday to change my dressing. She had forgotten to get a paper signed so came back today. She looked at it and decided to change it again. Someone is coming in tomorrow to change it again. Unfortunately my lower leg is swelling when I do anything so need to try to keep it up and drink plenty of water. I am taking Rescue remedy and Arnica. When your body goes into shock like mine did it takes some time to recover.

Time is a great healer. 




3 comments:

  1. You post has got me thinking Di, many thanks. I'm just wondering what other visual stimulation we have at hand that I might use for good effect. I hope that your wounds continue to heal. We are fans of your remedies along with propolis for infections: those bees know how to look after themselves!

    ReplyDelete