Monday, December 12, 2016

6 month review

Over here, Down Under, caregivers have a 6 monthly review with the RN at the home. 

I had my first one for George yesterday. It is well known that many people deteriorate when they go into a home. This did not happen with Mum and nor is it happening with George. The RN and I think that is probably due to the constant visits that George has from me. Mum too, had visitors every day. While obviously this does not mean that the disease won't progress it seems to go at a slower rate.  George's mobility continues to be a problem, depending on the day however he hasn't had a fall for a long time. His skin is very fragile and will bruise or bleed just by bumping against something. There are days where he really won't stand and walk around and others where he is fine although always slow... 

The home will not give any pill or drops etc without the say so of the Doctor. I am getting Arnica and Rescue Remedy so the doctor can chart these so George can be given these as required. 

George eats well when he is having a good day but on a not so good day he just moves the food around. This has been going on for about a year. The RN feels that the milkshakes I take in contribute to George not losing weight which is good. 

This is so similar to Mum. As I am in and out all the time I know what is going on so there are no surprises. 

Good that we are keeping the status quo at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment