Monday, October 31, 2016

back to normal


George's son left Sunday afternoon. What a wonderful visit for George.

It does amaze me how quickly they change from day to day. Just when things are going really well the condition makes itself known again.

Yesterday, when I went in, I sat next to him. George was dozing. When I touched his arm he looked at me and said, "I went to school with him". We then spent at least half an hour talking about his school friends. It took me ages to turn the conversation around to the visit. He did perk up and gradually we talked about what we had done. I find that sometimes he remembers things but always I keep talking about this type of thing so he doesn't forget his friends and family.






This video is just about New Zealanders, also known as Kiwis. Just a bit of light relief I found on youtube and downloaded to show George. 

2 comments:

  1. I think we are living in a parallel universe Di with changes happening at the drop of a hat. When others say 'take it a day at a time or go with the flow' I have to smile. If only it were so simple: just to get hold of the person who flicks the switch would be a step forward here after yesterday and early this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Paul, I think that is why I relate to a lot of the things you write about. Although we 'go with the flow' often I don't actually know what the flow is as, as soon as I get it we have changed again... I sometimes feel as though I am running a marathon.

    ReplyDelete