Friday, July 15, 2016

Turkey

Today we learnt about the problems in Turkey. My heart goes out to them as well as those in Nice and the USA. What an unsettled time we live in now, maybe it is just as well my finances don't allow me to travel. Since Britain's referendum we here, in New Zealand, have received a lot of applications from British doctors and nurses to come here to live. A lot of New Zealanders are returning home and surprisingly many of our neighbours are relocating here. Part of it is that our economy is not as bad as many others and we are known as a relatively safe country.

George's home is still in lockdown however I still go and see him and ensure he is OK. He just loves those milkshakes. I figure that they are giving him sustenance as well as fluids. I hope they all recover soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep those shakes coming. Do you make them yourself and change the flavours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, there is a MacDonalds just down the road so I go through and get him a milkshake and myself a coffee (free for us older people). George likes the chocolate ones. I used to make them myself at home and had several syrups. As soon as I arrive at the home he is looking for that milkshake...

    ReplyDelete