Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Mobility

George's mobility is certainly not as good as it was when he went into the home. Even with the walker he will only go short distances. At the moment he prefers to sit and chat. He loves chocolate milkshakes so I have been taking them into him. It is important that he drinks a lot as he seems to be getting urinary infections. These make people more confused. Mum was the same.

I have found that I am as busy as ever. Going to see George each day takes a considerable chunk out of the day. I am also looking at stuff for the flat such as colour schemes. I am bring home plenty of fliers to try to sort out a few things. I have ordered some things such as a bath and shower. Many people here don't have a bath but there are times when I enjoy one.

I got George some handles to use in the shower. These are held on by suction and are really fantastic. Another carer told me about them and I was skeptical but put two up in the shower and then held on with all my weight and they supported me, no trouble. They are really great. In fact the builder I have was suitably impressed and also wants some!

No comments:

Post a Comment