Sunday, July 10, 2016

Going out

George has been going downhill since going into the home. His mobility is really going downhill. Many days they use a wheelchair to take him to the lounge, a very short distance. When he first went into the home he was using a walking stick. Now he needs a walker and sometimes even that is not an option. This has made going out not possible. I am hoping that things improve. He is very frail. 

He still has a certain amount of short term memory and remembered some friends seeing him yesterday. I go in every day and take in plenty of drinks such as Cranbeery juice, lemonade and ginger beer. Most days I also take him a milk shake - just like I did with Mum.


3 comments:

  1. My mum has had a similar experience: she need to use a walking frame now. With a little more guided exercise things may have been very different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sadly, that's what happens :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I guess they don't have the time in homes. While at our own home, I just expected George to use a walking stick so he did. In the homes they want to do things in the quickest way possible. I have always kept telling him; use it or lose it. However reality is it would happen sooner or later. At the home George was encouraged to partake in daily walks but he didn't think much of that idea. Sad but that is what has happened. I just try to take things from where they are and work around that.

    ReplyDelete