Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Politics

My goodness so much going on in the world today; Britain has left the EU, Australia can't work out who will be the next government, in the US Donald Trump is taken as a serious contender for President.

Here, in New Zealand, we are a small country in the south of the Southern Hemisphere. What happens in other countries throughout the world effects us. We rely on exports and imports. We only have just over 4 million people here so what happens in other countries is important to us.

I tell George about what is going on. Now he is not capable of any understanding of what is going on. Sometimes I think this is a good way to be. Don't know what is going on and don't care! I guess there are also plenty of people who are like this who do not suffer from dementia. I am reminded of the Hawaiian saying 'don't worry, be happy'. A great mantra for all of us.

I took George some new shoes today. They have a well cushioned sole which I am hoping will help with his mobility.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment