Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Delusions

For some time now George has had some delusions. One I watched him use a knife a fork to eat a meal when there was nothing there.

He will tell me some one is at the door or somewhere else when no one is there. I just go and look with him and then say no one is there or something like that. I never argue with him. I have said that they must have gone or something similar.

This morning I went to visit him at the home. He was standing at the door of his room and told me that the man in there was dead. I poked my head in and told George he had gone. I then took him down to the lounge and chatted to him. He settled quickly and I left him with DVDs for them all to watch.

With the delusions I never correct him or tell him he is wrong or that no one is there. I simply reply as though what he has said is correct. That seems to work for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment