Sunday, March 27, 2016

Confusion

I find that when George has been doing things out of routine especially when it is social things, he gets very confused the next day. Mum was the same. It does make things more difficult for me and other caregivers. George becomes very restless and has conversation becomes very disjointed and I have to continuously tell him that I am not sure what he is talking about.

This morning I have found I need to be in the same room or he comes to me ready to go out. This morning I have given him his cup to clean - that is keeping him busy for a while.

I never tell him we are seeing someone or are going somewhere at a future time otherwise I may find him sitting in the car ready to go out.

2 comments:

  1. yes, I learned this too – best just to say in the moment: "we're going!" it saves a lot of worrying, anxiety, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I do unfortunately sometimes people ring and tell him they are coming, often well in advance, that is when the problems arise

    ReplyDelete