Saturday, March 19, 2016

Celebration Days

these are often difficult, especially when you are the only family member to organise the special things for the day. For a long time now I have felt that responsibility for Mum and John although prior to the earthquake it was wonderful having my son and his family here to share in these special times.

Tomorrow is George's birthday. He will be 82. He knew what he was doing 30 years ago marrying a toy girl...

Today I asked him: what is tomorrow?

He thought for a minute and said:

Monday?

Great stuff, I replied as usually he wouldn't have a clue.

I then asked if there anything else tomorrow.

My birthday, he replied.

I couldn't believe it he had remembered. We have mentioned it several times over the last week.

He had no idea how old he would be. I told him and then said that then he would be a wise old man.

'I already am the wise old man' he replied.

Love it.

We are going out in the morning to buy a cake and he wants Indian curry for tea.

I have got him a rugby book and have also made another book about him but it is still being published so it will be something he will enjoy when it comes. It will also be great for him to take when he is in the home.

1 comment: