Monday, March 14, 2016

Clothes

Both Mum and George have had a fascination with clothes. With both of them they experienced difficulties with choosing appropriate clothes and with taking them on and off.

One of my sisters labelled each of the drawers for Mum's clothes in her bedroom. I did the same for George. It did not work for long. George spends a lot of time pulling stuff out of wardrobes and drawers. Keeping his clothes in the bedroom does not work. I can then find a pile of shoes but not one pair, only singles. I now have the main lot of clothes he wears in the dining room where I can keep an eye on them as much as possible. This gives him the stuff in the bedroom to rummage through.

In the renovations I have a large walk in cupboard with shelves, which I will be able to lock. We had to do the same with Mum in the home. We locked her wardrobe but left old clothes in the wardrobe for her to rummage around in.

They believe everything belongs to them. George tries to take my jeans or jerseys. One day I found him with my jeans around his knees! I have to try to hide my clothes from him.

Many of the residents in the homes take stuff from each other's rooms. Families often get upset about this but really what they need to realise is that their loved one will be doing it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment