Friday, August 15, 2014

Confusion

George has been very confused lately. I will see him heading outside and ask him where he is going. "To the toilet"

I then have to point out which door to go through. I remember mum being like this at times. I will also say, "come to the table for tea" and he will ask where the table is.

Today he went down to get the mail. He then took his pants off and peed all over them! Somehow he blamed everything being wet on the mail box. After I cleaned him up,put the next load of washing out I then made him a fresh ham sandwich. He then told me he couldn't eat it because it was wet. I explained that it wasn't but he just kept on bringing it to me saying it was wet. I said that it wasn't but he was sure it was because it came out of the box. I couldn't work out what box we were talking about for some time but finally worked out he was talking about the mailbox which,according to him,was where he got wet. Finally,in frustration, I got him over to the kitchen so he could watch me make another sandwich which he then ate.

My advice: don't try to work out what is going on in their minds and don't try to explain it to them, just do it in front of them and say what you are doing at the same time. I don't know if they understand any of it but it seems to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment