Sunday, April 20, 2014

Son's visit

George's son arrived on Thursday night in the middle of a storm, poor buggar was soaking wet. George got a huge surprise and was really thrilled. I had some food ready for him which he was pleased about. The two of them have spent a lot of time chatting about old times which is great. It has been lovely for me to have him here too and have someone to relax with and chat to. We have been having some really good chats and enjoying each other's company.

We have been to Sumner, Lyttelton and the new cathedral. I love the cathedral and it moves me each time I go in it. George's son felt the same.

Today they have gone to Akaroa for the day which is lovely as it gives me some me time - just had a spa and will have a soak in the bath. I have a red wine stew in the slow cooker for tea when they get in.

Had some toilet issues last night and luckily was changing the sheets today instead of yesterday (which I normally do). The continence pants saved to some extent but certainly not all.

Yesterday at Mum's home, they told me that she no longer displays Alzheimer's behaviours and should be in a general hospital level of care. I told them I did not agree and gave a lot of reasons why. To move her and the people she knows is just plain cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment