Thursday, April 10, 2014

Continence pads

We had a good night using these and so I relaxed. Big mistake. Last night he took the pants off and just left his pyjamas on. He wet those but luckily not the bed. He came back to bed with no protection and unfortunately I was asleep. I realised what had happened when I found his wet clothes on the floor. Got him up and put another pad on him quickly. Later he wet that but then it was time to get up and as it was also time for the caregiver I put protection on the couch and a rug over him until he had a shower (about 10 minutes later).

It is such as strange disease as some days George is still able to hold a great conversation about all that is going on in the world and another day is just 'not with it'.

We have had a ring  and one of his sons is coming to see him which will be a real thrill for him. I have not told him as he has no sense of time and would expect it to happen NOW.

I am so pleased that this son is coming to see him before he goes further downhill as he will be able to have a good time with his father at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment