Saturday, April 5, 2014

Didn't work

My great idea with the feet at the toilet didn't work!! I do try so hard to be patient but...

I had to sit George down and go over some new rules about using the toilet!

  1. He does not take his pants off unless he is in the toilet
  2. He sits down to use the toilet
I felt awful as George knows that things have gone wrong and he tries so hard to 'do it right'. He gets quite upset when I have to say things like this so I have to make light of it and do it as nicely as possible.

These rules have made a difference so far (fingers crossed)

He does love going to Harakeke club where he is interacting with others who face the same problems as he does. They play games such as quoits which he enjoys.  These are wonderful for those with Alzheimer's although some do not fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment