Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tell tale signs

Yesterday I went to see my mother. She is going through a very alert stage although she is now immobile and has little language. She knew me which is a plus. Both sisters arrive during this week so I am hoping that she is like this for them.

When I got home George had eaten his morning tea and was sitting on the couch. He appeared more confused than usual. His mouth was slack. I have come to recognise this as a sign that things are not going too well. I sent him to have a sleep on the bed. He actually slept for a long time and when he awoke he was a hundred times better. I have found this several times so now know to look for that sign.

You need to watch the person you are caregiving for and look for the signs to give you warning so you can intervene early.

No comments:

Post a Comment