Thursday, February 13, 2014

Confusion

George woke up this morning and came out and drank his coffee. He didn't know where the milk was for his cornflakes (in the fridge) and when I asked if he wanted another coffee he told me he hadn't had the first one (he had). He was generally very confused. When he is like this I find it easiest to give him breakfast and then send him back to bed for an hour. This seems to help. When he gets up later he is much better.

However he is getting more confused!!

We came home from Harakeke Club yesterday and on the way home I told him we were going to see a friend tomorrow morning. About an hour after we came home I found him in the garage sitting in the car ready for me to take him to see the friend!! I brought him inside and explained that would happen tomorrow and that it was nearly time for tea. He settled down then.

My mum is often awake during the night at the home. When she was mobile she destroyed everything by loving them to death. Now that she is not I have been trying to put up bright pictures and mobiles in the room. She obviously likes them and has commented to staff that 'they are beautiful'.

No comments:

Post a Comment