Sunday, February 16, 2014

Keeping organised

Today I was trying to get some things done. George's Monday caregiver was supposed to take him out for coffee today but rang just before she was due to get her to say she was sick. George then got himself ready and came to me and announced that I could take him. Something I have found with both Mum and George is that it is better to do what they want rather than not doing it. Frankly I did not want to go out but George does want to go out every day.

He insisted on coming into the supermarket with me and handed me some stuff (from the car) while we were in there. I was trying to hold on to that and dropped some cards from my wallet which I did not realise until I got home. We went and he had a coffee and pie while I had a coffee. I then left something else there!! I was feeling pretty stressed knowing what I had hoped to accomplish today.

A couple of hours after we got home he was going to go on the bus down to Brighton!!

Mum was also like this but then George and mum were together during the day and did quite a bit together and I was working. During that time it was at weekends I had mum with me most of the time and took her out everywhere but also it meant that I was not worrying about things much during the day and had 'ordinary people' to converse with.

It can certainly try your patience at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment