Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Birthdays

This morning I took George for a blood test (we had to wait about an hour for it). When he was asked his date of birth he had no idea at all.

This year it is George's 80th birthday; a milestone Alzheimer's or not. When it was his mother's 80th birthday we had an afternoon tea for her friends and family at our home. When it was my mother's 80th birthday I had a dinner party at my home for her close friends and family including one of my sisters who travelled from Australia for it. This year for George I do not know what I am going to do. Most of his friends are dead or living away and apart from me there are no other family members here. I will have to try to think of something special for him for that day.

It is my mother's 87th birthday next week and both of my sisters are visiting for it so she will have all three of us here this time. I hope that she is awake and able to understand that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment