Saturday, March 8, 2014

Life goes on

I haven't posted for a while due to many things happening.

George is sitting reading the paper. I told him this morning that the paper was there at the gate. He got his walking stick and walked outside and then came back. I thought that he had forgotten what he was doing but no

he had forgotten to wear a hat!! He wears a hat ALL the time except when he is asleep - he is the same with gloves. We will be going out and I will have him in the car and then he will get out to go and get his gloves. Unfortunately he is unable to keep any one pair together and so I find them all over the place. For times when I am in a great hurry I keep a pair in the garage!!

Yesterday was one of the days I go to visit my mother. Before I leave I like to get the washing done and out, including changing the bed. Yesterday George slept in so as soon as he got up I stripped the bed to get the linen in the wash (earlier I had done another load of washing - as I do most days). I had already got George's breakfast and pills out ready for him. He came out wearing; one pyjama top, two T shirts, two shirts, one pair of undies, one pair of pyjama pants, two pairs of trousers....

Learn patience when caregiving anyone with this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment