Saturday, May 23, 2015

Dealing with the problems associated with incontinence

On George's bed I have a mattress protector (waterproof) with an old towel and more plastic strips. Unfortunately George's bed can get wet/soiled right through to the mattress protector (these work well). This week I had to wash the mattress protector (and other bedding) twice. I am now putting the mattress protector on the bed with the plastic sheeting on top so that if that gets soiled/wet I can spot clean sometimes rather than wash the whole thing (these take time to dry).

This weekend took George to get his hair cut one day and out for coffee and a chicken and apricot pie. He loves to go out each day and really it is easier to do this otherwise he becomes restless and pulls stuff out and generally makes more mess.

I am noticing he sometimes has difficulty using cutlery. Today he carefully cut the pie into about 8 pieces and then started putting them on the table... I quickly told him that they do not go on the table but go into his mouth. I do need to keep an eye on him.

I was able to get a bit done in the garden over the weekend and filled my bin ready for the collection later this week.

On the positive side: yesterday he went to the toilet successfully (by himself) and there was no mess to clean up.

Everything varies from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment