Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend

Last week I was going through some stuff to donate to a garage sale to raise funds for the Harakeke club. While I was doing that I found a book which I bought when mum was first diagnosed but had never read due to things just happening so quickly after that and then I forgot. It is a quick and easy read and although it was written in 1985 it is quite interesting to see the steps that have been undertaken since then. It was written by a woman in Wellington so is very relevant to those here - something that perhaps all family members should read to give them a better understanding. I found myself agreeing with a lot of what she was saying as it was about 'a daughter's dilemma'.

George was pretty confused all weekend. On Saturday I needed to go to mum at the home. George 'did not feel well' so went back to bed. I usually get the bedding washed and out before I go but that was not possible. I left him his breakfast and morning tea before I went. He had those while I was away.

He asked what had happened to another man he met at memory group and Harakeke club (they had got on really well). I reminded him that he had gone into a home and he wanted to know why and where his wife was. I explained that the wife had died and so he had to live in a home. George couldn't see why - he could stay home without me to care for him!!!! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment