Friday, October 25, 2013

Confusion

This morning George was very confused. He had his cornflakes for breakfast and then started looking for 'flat things'. It turned out that this was rice bubbles. His confused behaviour continued and I also knew I could not drop him in Brighton today as the coffee shop he goes to is not open. I did not feel happy to leave him home so asked if he wanted to go to mum with me. He just loves going out all the time so immediately jumped at the idea. I went to get milk shakes at Burger King but they did have any. Went to Wendy's in the mall. Very crowded in there but finally got one. I had to also get one for George. People with Alzheimer's are very egocentric, some say like little children but it is a lot more than that.

Mum was very asleep today and only opened her eyes once however I was able to feed it to her with a spoon. She also sucked away on her chocolate which she loves.

George asked me about some of the people and I explained to him that they all have Alzheimer's. He has only a vague understanding that basically he is looking at his future. This is why I am reticent to take him with me but I suspect that it might not be long before he needs someone around.

No comments:

Post a Comment