Thursday, July 5, 2012

Memory clinic

We are off to memory clinic today. George loves going out. I have now got into the habit of  taking him for a coffee and toasted sandwich as part of the 'going out'. Yesterday I had to go to the hospital for a test so George came too (he wanted to). When I had finished guess where we went? The nearest cafe... - I have to check before we go out as to what clothes he has on. Yesterday he had on his pyjama top under a jersey, I decided that as others would probably not be aware I would not worry.

 I must admit that I find my life is taken up with taking George where he has to go, seeing mum, cleaning up after George, doing house work - sounds boring? It is and I also find it pretty stressful.

Something I have found is that those with Alzheimer's have little or no consideration for anyone else.  I guess it is because they are in their own little world. They do expect that everything will be done for them. I am not sure how those who live alone get on.


No comments:

Post a Comment