Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meeting

George had a meeting two days ago. He is a member of a committee who look at Canterbury's sporting greats to select two of them to become Canterbury Sporting Legends.

The meeting started at 11 and finished at 2. As it was over the other side of town I made two appointments for myself and returned to pick him up at 1.45.

I waited and
I waited...

At 2.15 I went in to see what time they thought that the meeting might conclude. Imagine my surprise when they told me that someone took George home as at about 1 o'clock they decided to cancel the meeting as two of the other committee members had not turned up.

George did not have house keys...

I raced home. He had dropped his papers and the mail on the doorstep but no George. I went running round the property and over to the beach to see if I could see him. I had just got home when up the drive came George - he had decided to catch a bus to Brighton.

This is an interesting video on the stages of Alzheimer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment