Saturday, September 5, 2015

Father's Day

For George today it is Father's Day. I took him down to a cafe for Father's Day, now I know we go 2 or 3 times each week but I tried to make it special.

After Dad died I made a special effort for Mum for all the 'special days', especially Christmas and her birthday as I was the only one here to do so. It was great when the grandchildren were also here as that really makes those times, having children around.

Now of course it is the same with George. Yesterday he got a card from one son and a phone call from the other son. I will also try to contact the third son for him soon. He really loves to feel that his sons care. I admit it is really difficult when there is no family around and all your old friends have died or left your city. You need to think  of nice ways to make it special and maybe make new traditions.

3 comments:

  1. Di, I started following your blog kind of in the middle and I'm still confused with respect to who George actually is in relation to you... can you please explain your family relationships? I don't see the responses to my comments, maybe you could either email me, or LinkedIn, or respond on my blog. Sorry for the inconvenience…

    ReplyDelete
  2. George is my husband. He is 15 years older than me. We married 30 years ago and he had grown children. We did not have children together as he was over 50 at the time and we both had our own children. Never apologise to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. Now it's clear. Thanks for explaining. You are doing a wonderful thing. He's lucky to have you....

    ReplyDelete