Friday, April 3, 2015

Hide and seek

George thinks everything is his! Today he brought home a magazine the cafe ( where I took him for coffee ) has for patrons to read. I didn't realise until we got home. I will pop it back on Monday as it won't be open tomorrow being Easter Sunday.

I find that I have to try to hide so much if I want to be able to lay my hands on it again. Nothing is sacred. I tried putting stuff in boxes but he just takes things out if those. It is a real problem as I need him to wear particular stuff for different activities, for example he has special shoes for walking and although he has many pairs of shoes it is often difficult to actually find a pair. I find them all over the place - behind couches, TV, chair, in the bed, in the garage, just any random place. Unfortunately these are always singles and never a pair. You actually get to a point when you feel very triumphant when you find a pair. I have to get everything ready for each caregiver which also involves shoes! If I am not careful some things, if not all things go walkabout. I then find these things scattered around the place, sometimes I find them over several days. It also applies to my clothes - I have found George putting ( or trying to ) my clothes including jeans which he got up to his knees and then got stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment