Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Carer support

To enable family to keep those with Alzheimer's in their own homes the hospital board assesses these peoplr and provides some help in order to achieve this. George has someone coming each day to help him shower and dress. This also helps to minimise the risk of a fall as well as helping them to be clean and dressed appropriately. George has lost many cognitive skills and no longer knows the parts of his body. For example when I asked him to put a sock on his foot - I handed him the sock. He pulled it on to his hand. As he is incontinent it is essential he has a shower every day. At the moment one of the carers is away on annual leave. HealthCare, who provide the carers, sometimes let me know but more often or not don't. This is really frustrating and I am frequently waiting for someone to appear.

Yesterday, having heard nothing, I rang to find out who was coming today, they were not able to find someone to do it but they hadn't bothered to let me know. This makes life very difficult. UnfortunAnglo these people are oot

No comments:

Post a Comment