Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter

George seems a bit better today but a bit confused. A nurse came round this morning and changed the catheter as well as the day bag. Afterwards I took him down to Brighton for coffe and a chicken and cranberry pie which is his favourite.

Last night I felt so blessed with the best Easter present ever. I was so lucky to have a visit from my Dad. This is the first time he has come back and was so special. Many years ago my grandfather came back, how lucky am I? Dad told me how proud of me he was, how much he loved me and how he approved of everything I have done since January 2001. He knew all I had done which astounded me and he fully supported all the things I have done. He said there was nothing he would change, that I had done the right things which gave me confidence as it can be difficult thinking how you could have done things differently; not a hint of a criticism. He told me that of course he expected nothing less from me - sounded so like the things he used to say to me. I have always felt that Dad and my grandfather are with me steering me in certain directions and Dad said that that was exactly right. I felt an incredible sense of wellbeing and so blessed. Strangely enough a nurse at the hospital that day told me I had angels watching over me...

Today I have been mulling over his visit and everything he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment