Saturday, November 23, 2013

Demanding

Something I find is that people with Alzheimer's  are very demanding with regards to your attention. An example of this was today when George wanted to know the names of two old All Blacks who were in the 1972 tour with him.. At the time I was in the garden and he came and stood there until I left what I was doing to come inside and turn the Internet on. Once I looked the two names up he then got me to write down all the names for him.

Mum has always been like this too. I remember that she wanted a new dresser which we then went and got. I took it out of my car and put it in her garage. I said I would get my son to help me with it. He said he would help next weekend which I told mum. I then went down to bee her and she was getting all the bits out of the box. I had to revise what I had planned to do and build the dresser while mum watched offering advice as I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment