Friday, June 1, 2012

Visiting mum

This morning George went out to get the Sunday Times - he got a neighbour's paper and I had to get him to take it back, he was not happy about that. I explained that it was Saturday and yesterday was Friday. He told me it was very confusing. I said that I was going to see mum this morning. He got dressed and came out telling me that I could drop him at the Harakeke club. I explained that was on Tuesday and today was Saturday; he does find it really difficult to work out. I then suggested that he come with me to visit mum which we did. I have to be very careful about what he says when we are with mum so that it doesn't get her upset. She feels that she is in there because I have to look after him. The fact that I am now looking after him has not got a lot to do with why she needs to be in a home now; it would be impossible to care for her at home and she has a very high level of needs.

They both seemed to enjoy the visit and looked through old photographs which is a good way for them to keep remembering family members, especially those that they don't see frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment