Thursday, August 25, 2011

Repeat performance

This morning George came out with his suitcase. I asked him if he was going somewhere. 'Auckland' he replied. When I asked him when he was going he told me it was tomorrow. I asked if he knew what date he was going and he told me 5 November (so he remembered that from yesterday) I then said what is the date today - he had just got the paper so he was able to tell me the correct date. He was still unable to figure out that he was not going to Auckland tomorrow! I went over how it was another two months - saying the alphabet so hopefully he may remember that.

In the afternoon an old cousin came to visit as he was over from Australia. George is passionate about rugby and is still able to discuss the players and teams and games in depth. He remembers games from the 50s until the present day. He is able to discuss how the various players have played in any of the games, their strengths and their weaknesses. However at the moment they are playing in a TriNations series and George is unable to comprehend that these games are not part of the World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment