Friday, February 24, 2017

Readjustment

This is so hard, you find yourself doing the familiar all the time when that is no longer appropriate. Yesterday I had to go to a mall to a shop to buy something I needed. I found myself wandering around thinking 'that would suit Mum/John'. A few times I went to pick up the item before realising that was something I wouldn't have to do any more! Such finality! Moments like this happen all the time and sometimes I find it hard to face. I know this is normal and will continue for ages but it is hard to deal with.

On my own I find it easier to not discuss it with anyone, others want you to be coping well.  It is easier. This is a road we all have to travel.

2 comments:

  1. {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} for you Di - i hope that you will continue to share.

    my dad died of alheimer's in january of 2008 and there probably hasn't been a day since then that i haven't thought of him or missed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems none of life's roads are easy. For anybody. Any time. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete