Friday, April 15, 2016

Road works

Our earthquakes started over five and a half years ago. Our roads have not improved much since then. It is still a nightmare trying to find your way around. Often you find that you get to road you want to go down and blow me it is closed... You follow the signs for the detour and often find yourself in an unfamiliar place. Great.

There is also a lot of associated dust with all of this, no wonder there are a lot of people here with respiratory problems, including me. Since the earthquakes I have developed asthma and have breathing difficulties. As the doctor said a certain amount is also caused by stress - something all caregivers face continuously.

The parts they haven't started to repair still need to be treated with care as you tend to go up and down as you travel along. Rather like being on a Rocking Horse.

At the moment I am also trying to pack stuff here ready to move out and finally get our place renovated and repaired. A very costly exercise although the insurance will pay some of it.

It does create problems when I am trying to get George somewhere. I try to leave a good 15 to 30 minutes earlier to allow for the unknown. However I am also reliant on the caregivers being punctual which doesn't always happen. Again I have to cross my fingers and toes and pray.

My heart goes out to the people in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment