Friday, August 16, 2013

The future

Mum is now sleeping most of the time and is no longer mobile. She has little language left but still has lucid moments. It is really distressing watching someone deteriorate little by little. When I come home I am aware that this may be George's future.

Today when I came home he was sitting watching TV with his hat and gloves on - both of which he wears all the time (sometimes to bed). He had also pulled out DVDs and had them in little piles all over the lounge floor.

One morning recently I noticed a glass of coke on the bench. Something made me suspicious - rum and coke which he was drinking about 8 in the morning. He had some cans out in the garage....

Another woman from the Alzheimer's group was telling me her husband who is still pretty alert is spending money online like it is going out of style. He has obviously been the contoller in the relationship and he won't listen to her. He is spending 5000 each month!!

1 comment:

  1. Often think of you and wonder how you are coping, so sad to think of your Mum like that saddest of all for you to see her like that.

    ReplyDelete