Friday, July 19, 2013

Rest Home

I often feel as though I am running a rest home. George likes me to take him out as much as possible - to cafes etc. I also spend a lot of time cleaning after him, especially the marks on the carpet. When we are at home he sits (with a hat on - he wears a hat and gloves all the time) on the sofa and watches DVDs while I do the housework etc.

Luckily I got the lawns done this week but it has been bitterly cold for lawns and gardens.

When he is sitting watching DVDs or looking through books he waits for me to feed him - breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and then finally tea. Unfortunately he is inclined to make a mess.

Every time he gets a drink that is a new glass - I find glasses all over the place.

Today is one of the days I go to visit Mum. I don't want to take George with me as it is hard enough to deal with one of them. Today when I came home he had been attempting to make some toast - it had burnt black!!

When George goes to Memory Group an old friend of mum's attends the same group so I take her home and stop to take her to places she needs to go on the way. She tells me that her god-daughter lives close and also takes her. I am well aware that there will be no one to help me with any of these things and I will have to go into a home at a much earlier stage than either mum or George and even then there will be few people to come and visit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment