Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What an odd disease

What an odd disease this is. George has no idea of time at all. His caregiver took him out for coffee and he returned home at around 3 p.m. I was working on the computer while he was watching TV. Next thing a neighbour came in to tell me that George was at the bus stop! I raced down there and brought him home. He was off to the bank (it was about 5 p.m.). I explained to him that it was too late in the day and the bank would be closed, I don't think he could work that out.

George is still able to hold a good conversation and knows everyone and also about what is happening in the world. His short term memory is also good so he is high functioning here although he can no longer write very well at all. He also struggles and is unable to cope with envelopes.

Last night he used a sponge bag (in the bathroom) to go to the toilet in...

I do find it gets very demanding on my time. He also uses a different glass all the time and often has 3 or 4 glasses lined up on the coffee table. I have to search around to find all the glasses and coffee cups. He tends to pull things out and never puts things away but leaves piles of things all over the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment