Thursday, August 16, 2012

Going out

I had to meet a student at 12 midday yesterday. George had Julie, a carer, coming to take him out at 1.00 p.m. Before I left I went over this with him several times and also put it on the whiteboard.

I got home at 1.30 p.m. to find George had gone - I thought with Julie. A couple of minutes later Julie arrived. She had been in earlier and found no one home so had come back.  We had a cup of coffee while we waited. I had to assume that he had taken himself down to Brighton but was not sure.

He arrived home at 3.30 - he had been to Brighton. He told me he waited until 1.30 and Julie hadn't arrived so he went to Brighton. He has no idea of time - Julie came before this time and I got home at 1.30.

This is a real worry as I am not too sure where he is. If he continues to do this sort of thing it is going to be increasingly difficult to leave him on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment