Monday, November 12, 2012

Going to the Home

George wanted to come and see Mum in the Home at the weekend. When we arrived mum was thrilled to see him and her face lit up. Mum has lost a lot of language and so when she says something George then starts to quiz her about what she means. Mum is not able to articulate and gets upset and this can be when she calls people 'half wits' or 'smart arses'. It means that I have to be there and ready to break into the conversation quickly to stop this happening. George will also bring up topics which I have said not to discuss while we are there; does he remember this - no. Does he start to say something about it - yes. Again I have to be on my toes.  Boy it is hard work with the two of them.

When we went to leave I go fairly quickly after saying goodbye otherwise mum gets all upset. I had left the lounge room and left mum eating her lunch. Does George come too? As soon as I am outside the room I stop and look for George!! Here he is still in the main room, standing up and holding court telling them all about Prince Charles and Camillla's visit to NZ. No one knew what he was on about so he here was going on. It took me 10 mins to get him out, resettle mum and go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment